Friday, April 1, 2011

Goal Setting

I'm down three pounds in the past five days! I'm so happy that I'm finally getting started with tracking again on spark. (For those of you who don't know, sparkpeople.com is an awesome site for tracking calories. There's an app too! Let me know if you want to join and be friends on there!) It's even easier than it was before, because eating real food has made my formerly ravenous cravings almost nonexistent. Now my first goal is to lose 10 more pounds by the end of the month, because I'd like to be at 225 for my first 5k on April 29th. Finishing that is my second goal!

Speaking of the 5k, I'm so thankful to have friends who are into fitness and doing things like this now. It will be so fun to have a whole group of us doing the race! (Even though we won't all be running together.) My friend Amanda set up a Facebook event for it and everything to try to motivate everyone to do it. If she hadn't, I probably would be skipping it until I felt more prepared in May, but now I feel like I'll be missing out if I don't... so thanks for that, Amanda! You're a great motivator!

1 comment:

  1. Wooohooo. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas with this 5k. Awesome job on the weight loss too! Its kind of scary to admit it.. but uh... exercise & weight loss is fun? lol.

    ReplyDelete