Wednesday, August 3, 2011

First Green Smoothie!






The VitaMix arrived yesterday, so we immediately went to the farmers market and bought a bunch of fruit and veggies! In this one, I used kale, spinach, carrots, peaches, apples, bananas, blueberries, and blackberries. And nothing went to waste- not even the apple core! (Although I did remove the peach pit because I thought it might make it taste bitter.) The thing is a beast that will tear through anything!

Our 10 day juice fast starts today! I have a big bottle of it at my desk right now, but it's SO THICK. I think the bananas weren't ripe enough and I needed to use more water and/or ice! Next time I will use an actual recipe instead of just cramming whatever I want into it.

I'm doing okay without coffee this morning, though, so that's good! I just hope I don't end up running to the bathroom all day for the next 10 days.

I need to figure out which camera to use to make youtube videos. Filming in the kitchen is awkward!

2 comments:

  1. Watch out for day three. I went a bit psycho on day three. Of course it may not be as draining for you since you are still eating the pulp. Also watch out for recipes that use a lot of herbs. We found the herbs to be too strong when juiced and didn't like many of the recipes that used herbs. Kale is also one to use sparingly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, too much kale (and not enough water) was GROSS! My second attempt was MUCH better! :)

    ReplyDelete