Monday, December 27, 2010

Vegan Xmas in WV? Yeah... right...

Xmas was pretty tough. We brought vegan no-bake and chocolate chip cookies, but no one was impressed (even though they were REALLY good!) and our families sent us home with all kinds of unhealthy, non-vegan food. :( I'm going to have to find a good way to deal with this in the future. Fortunately, even though deep fried turkey was one of my "exceptions" for eating meat, I only ate a tiny bit of it before the texture made me sick.

On the bright side, for xmas, I got or bought myself the following kitchen stuff:
mortar and pestle
OXO digital food scale
Cuisinart bread machine
Cuisinart panini press
Cuinsinart electric can opener
Olive oil sprayer
Counter-height stool for the kitchen
Lick It! vegan ice cream cookbook
Vegan Brunch cookbook
Vegan substitutions cookbook
various cookbooks from my mom and Jane, for which I will need the above book to convert to vegan!

For dinner tonight, I made a vegan lasagna (tofu and roasted cauliflower instead of ricotta!) It was an extra that I assembled and froze last week while I was making another for dinner. That worked pretty well! So well, in fact, that I forgot to take pictures! Maybe I will remember tomorrow when we reheat it. We also had fresh baked Italian bread... my first use of the delay timer on the bread machine!

Now, I am making a loaf of banana walnut bread and a loaf of dutch apple bread. If there's a ton, I'll probably take it to work tomorrow, because one of my coworkers seems very interested in vegan cooking! Maybe I'll remember to take pictures when they're done. :)

1 comment: