Sunday, February 20, 2011

My Vegan Weight Loss Plan

So now that I feel 100% comfortable with the vegan thing, I am going to work on losing weight and getting in shape!

My diet plan:
100% vegan! I will be tracking everything I eat on sparkpeople.com (with a 1300 calorie per day goal,) cooking from scratch a little less (I don't want to burn myself out by spending too much time working out and cooking,) and drinking Nutribiotic vegan protein shakes (it's tough to get the protein I need for weight lifting by eating such a low calorie vegan diet.)

My exercise plan:
We are hitting the gym 3x a week (Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday.) I am doing the Couch to 5k program for cardio and lifting weights afterward. We may add in some racquetball, basketball, swimming and hula hooping for variety since they have such good facilities for those things!

Also, I'm going to GET MORE SLEEP. Not "catching up by sleeping in until 2 PM on the weekend" sleep... I'm going to be in bed by 10 PM every weeknight!

It's pretty simple, I guess. The toughest part is going to be just getting my ass into the gym and not snacking when I get stressed out. Thankfully, I have Dustin to drag me to the gym when I don't want to go!

3 comments:

  1. You can do this girl?
    I like to use unflavored rice protein powder.
    60 calories, less then 1 gram of sugar, 2 carbs.
    Because its unflavored it works in any recipe including baked goods. Add it to your pancake batter for an extra boost of protein.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to the trainers I've worked with you should always do your weight lifting or strength training workouts *before* your cardio if your primary goal is to burn fat, with a secondary goal of building muscle. Supposedly it takes a woman an average of 20 minutes to get into the "fat burning zone". So, you would have to do a 20 minute warm-up before you would be at the maximum zone for burning fat.

    There are a couple of other reasons, but I cant recall exactly. Either way if you ask someone at LA Fitness they will be able to explain it to you better. And if you haven't taken advantage of the complimentary fitness assessment and training session you should totally do it.

    And, ask a trainer to show you how to use the row machine if you don't know how. Its actually really fun because its so rhythmic. You can feel it in your arms, lower back, shins, and its even a cardio workout. If you go to Robinson ask for Stephanie. Shes really awesome and is a huge rowing enthusiast.

    ReplyDelete