Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sloppy Joes and Mac n Cheese!



TVP sloppy joes are AMAZING!! I rehydrated the TVP granules using fake beef broth that I got from the bulk bins at the co-op, browned it a little in a pan, then added a can of sloppy joe mix that we had leftover from the non-vegan days. I'll probably want to figure out how to make it from scratch, because I'm sure it's full of stuff I don't want to be eating. Also, the buns are hot dog buns from Whole Foods and were the perfect size.

I also made mac and cheese out of whole grain rotini pasta and a mixture of stuff that I didn't write down. It definitely included a block of silken tofu, soy milk, yellow Daiya, garlic salt, chili powder, turmeric and onion powder. I put it into personal sized casserole dishes, topped it with breadcrumbs and paprika, then baked it at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes.

Next time, I will not make both of these together. The sloppy joe had about 300 calories, so I'd serve it with steamed veggies instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment