Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Alicia's "Nothing to Say but 'mmm'" Alfredo!

My friend and fellow foodie/weight loss buddy Alicia over at Beyond Willpower is my hero for the week (at least.) Why? Because she came up with this recipe for vegan alfredo, with which I am in looove! I was hesitant to try it, because I'm not a big fan of regular alfredo... let alone a variation that's made with silken tofu. Right? WRONG!

I made it for dinner last night and again tonight, because I couldn't stop thinking about it. I haven't missed very many foods since going vegan, but the creamy texture of cheese sauce is something that I thought I'd be mourning the loss of for a very long time.

I modified it slightly by adding 1 cup of chopped fresh spinach and halving the sauce recipe (that was more than enough for 2 cups (dry) of pasta!) I also let it simmer on the stovetop for about 3 minutes to wilt the spinach, and that really thickened the sauce nicely! (I think I may have used a little less milk tonight to make the sauce even thicker!)

Go here for the recipe!

1 comment:

  1. It's addictive. I had it for lunch today! I made an ungodly amount of sauce, but that's okay, I'll be shipping pasta off to joey for work and using it for a quick meal on days I work when I'm too hungry to wait for anything complicated. ha.

    Thanks for the review/link too! :)

    ReplyDelete