Monday, January 3, 2011

Soft Pretzels and Quinoa!

Dustin made soft pretzels last night! The recipes that came with the bread machine pretty much suck (except for the French bread!) so the dough was too tough to form into nice pretzel shapes. Despite their log-like unattractiveness, they tasted REALLY good! I had one for breakfast. :)


I also made quinoa salad that I brought to work for lunch today. Every time I eat quinoa, I am unsure if I like it. I am completely indifferent to it, and indifference is not something I usually feel towards food. I do like toasted cumin seeds, beans and curry powder, though! (The recipe is from Appetite for Reduction, but I thought it was kind of bland so I added some curry powder.)



I saw that "I Used to be Fat" show on MTV last night, and it encouraged me to start counting calories again. I need to stop being an unhealthy vegan who eats too many carbs (thanks, bread machine!) so I'm thinking maybe veggie chili of some sort tonight? And maybe just a small piece of the French bread that Dustin made last night... haha.

Speaking of Dustin, did I mention that I'm proud of him? Because I probably should. This guy lived on fast food for most of his life, and the only things he could "cook" when we met were Campbell's condensed soup (he didn't add water, wtf?) and cheese sandwiches in one of those $10 sandwich press things. And I forgot to mention that he made and piped the frosting border of the ice cream cake a couple of posts back... he has come a loooong way! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment